agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Offline Speedy J
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:27 am Post 
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Need-For-Sp ... 10245.html
:woop: :woop: :woop:

Offline gandlers
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am Post 
Notice they mention Need for Speed, or Need for Sh*t as it should be called.
Of course gamers who play such rubbish are bad drivers as the games mentioned are arcade games not simulators and going round a corner at full throttle like NFS games let you do will lead to death in the real world.
The report is fundamentally flawed

Offline Litro
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 am Post 
Yeah ! That's only NFS. There powerslides are the fastest way to go trough turn. :lol:

Offline fadeaway
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:47 am Post 
Hmmm.. once after long pause in rl driving (and meanwhile i was very active in lfs offc) i started braking with clutch (left foot) when i drove real car :o :lol: One could wonder.. :devil:

Offline mtrein
Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:27 pm Post 
Litro wrote:
Yeah ! That's only NFS. There powerslides are the fastest way to go trough turn.

:woop:

Offline sermilan
Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 pm Post 
Well, the guy clearly said:
"The most important issues for driving safely are concentration, an appreciation of road and vehicle conditions and an awareness of potential risks".
I never drive in RL like I do in LFS :lol: , but LFS DID improve my driving skills in RL... reaction in sudden occurrences, for one.

@Fadaway - don't worry.... I once let my good friend (a non-LFSer) to try my automatic... he confused the brake with the clutch, so we both kissed the windshield once he tried to "shift" into 2nd :lol:

Offline fadeaway
Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:53 pm Post 
:thumb: :lol: :roflol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:25 am Post 
Quote:
and ran twice as many red lights over a twelve month period than non-gamers.

Only twice :huh: :fp:

O:)

Quote:
and take risks on the road like accelerating too quickly to pass a slower car.

Yeah, really risky.. Pffzz..

Offline TEaaron
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:26 pm Post 
I think LFS has made me a better driver, reason being before I had my G25 I was very crazy in a car, always pushing to the limits and starring death in the face, I found LFS satisfied my high speed driving addiction, now I am a more cautious driver, admittedly when the roads are clear I'll find a round-a-bout or sweeping corner to do a bit of drift practice on and race the occasional rev head from a set of traffic lights.

I can honestly say after many hours of LFS I am more confidant with higher speed over steer and unexpected driving errors.

I own several Need For Speed games and I don't take them seriously, I know that it is incredibly unrealistic and nothing more than a bit of fun.

Offline gandlers
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm Post 
TEaaron wrote:
I own several Need For Speed games and I don't take them seriously, I know that it is incredibly unrealistic and nothing more than a bit of fun

Unfortunately there are people out there who think that NFS games are realistic and really good driving games though.
It's a shame that the report didnt measure the IQ of the idiots questioned.

Offline Nick7
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:48 pm Post 
Many think TDU2 driving is 'sim' and 'realistic'...

[ 11 posts ]