agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 38 posts ]
Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:50 am Post 
I raced a liveforspeed.be race recently and everyone takes the same car. It makes some very close racing. So I wonder if a server that we could vote which car we use and then all racers use that car.

Some of my best memories on the cargame server are when there were a lot of cars in the class I was racing. It might also make people out of their confort zone a little ;)

Offline marcromboy
Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 am Post 
its always the same procedure, if some of us choose to race in XFG or RB4, even with the XFR we have such a great and close racing i've never experienced before. i sometimes just wonder myself why its not that possible in gt2 class. but in the end its easy to explain, since you can race against in ngt or xfg classes and bump, draft and hit each other (not on purpose of course) and nothing will happen there, simply just awesome racing and great manouvers (espially with experienced drivers like you i can remember back racing on fe4 or bl1)

Offline sermilan
Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:49 am Post 
Yeah, good idea, but I also think that GT2 race could be fun too :wink:
SERT had a good idea, they used to organize event called "SERT Tuesday". Two combos would be given for racers to vote, then the one with most votes would be held on the following Tueseday. It was held once a week and had more fun character than competition, since there were no points and a league.

Maybe something similar can be organized here?

Offline Nick7
Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm Post 
Well, what I would propose is having either different server, or if on same server special 'hours' or day for such thing..

People should either vote for which car to take (as for track), or make it random + also for track.

Could be interesting.

Offline marcromboy
Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm Post 
we had some kind of XFG Party on S1 Server some months ago
it was quite fun, the problem is that some guys still drove another car and even we asked them to join the xfg party they kept racing lx'es. its up to dave's decision if i organize another xfg party, wether he will disable to choose other cars when you connect s1 server on fridey 19 utc for example, to have an xfg party there. surely we'll give out information on the ofc. forum then and organize it well

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 am Post 
Kind of an happy hour? Well it's possible. But I'm not sure about that car vote thing. Everybody will vote the fastest car (GT2/NGT) and some people are just not ready for that I'm afraid. :roll:

sermilan wrote:
It was held once a week

And why did it die? Because you are talking in the past.

Offline Nick7
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 am Post 
Well, you could limit vote to some TBO cars, or sumpin' like that :)

Offline Litro
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 am Post 
Yes, as for tracks.

Offline sermilan
Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
sermilan wrote:
It was held once a week

And why did it die? Because you are talking in the past.

Because it was only for serbian speaking drivers and thus limited to a small number of participants.
They run another thing nowadays and it is basically the same, but with no combo voting.

Offline TEaaron
Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:48 am Post 
24/7 UF1 on Oval.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:03 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
but with no combo voting.

I'm not sure what to do with that voting thing either. I'm more tending to a construction where the server decides purely random what car/track it's going to be, during this happy hour.

Offline TEaaron
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I'm not sure what to do with that voting thing either. I'm more tending to a construction where the server decides purely random what car/track it's going to be, during this happy hour.

What about people with not enough points earned to drive the specific car?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 pm Post 
No points limitation during this process. Safety rating however will be.

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm Post 
Maybe keep the voting system for the tracks and make car selection random?

Offline marcromboy
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm Post 
1st friday in a month = XFG
2nd friday in a month = FXO
3rd friday in a month = LX4/6
4th friday in a month = MRT

something like that. and track can be voted then

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 pm Post 
Why friday? ( :D )

Offline marcromboy
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm Post 
why not ? :D
no, just an example, the happy hour could be everyday ;)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 pm Post 
No it can't because I don't want to interfere with other events if thats not necessary.

I took part on the Dailycious races on Tuesday evening for example :wink:

Besides, there are are special hours on LFS anyway. When the amount of racers really peak (if Top Gear airs for example :roll: ).

Not to attack you in any way btw, but everything just needs to be really well thought of (well, as best as possible). At least for explaining to all other complainers which I'm sure are out there. (Every change gives complains :fp: )

Offline marcromboy
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:12 pm Post 
dave, i know that ;) it was just a try to give an example how car/track combination could look like

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm Post 
Yes thats great! I took the opportunity to discuss the day 8) :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:59 am Post 
+ required pitstop (especially when TBO-race)
+ time penalties when crash is caused in first sector of first lap by late braking :[

Offline mtrein
Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 pm Post 
Good ideas, Speedy.

Offline Tooth
Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:36 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
ime penalties when crash is caused in first sector of first lap by late braking

And when causing an avoidable accidend (Divebombing etc)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am Post 
Hm that is not possible to admin. Then we have to have someone watching all the time during this hour and taking complains and stuff.

Not going in the right direction I'm afraid :no:

Offline Speedy J
Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Then we have to have someone watching all the time during this hour and taking complains and stuff.

Well that is not new :wink: And I mean especially at the start of the race, which in my opinion gives the most problems in a race.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 am Post 
Well.. About that hour thing...

I thought about 5x12 minutes ... The normal rotation but only with one car. But I now start to believe that we are talking about a full hour race here?

Offline Speedy J
Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I thought about 5x12 minutes ...

Well then I guess we dont need a required pitstop. I thought I read that the races would be longer, then a pitstop would be nice (maybe)

Just thinking out loud here guys :wink:

Offline marcromboy
Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:29 pm Post 
2x30 minutes, with required pitstop
top 10 finisher of 1st race start in reverse order 2nd race

Offline mtrein
Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 am Post 
I hope this does come through, but in april (I will be back by then :P)

Offline marcromboy
Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 am Post 
btw dave, if you're too busy with stuff i can organize those events
e.g. choosing cars/tracks, getting people on the server, organize qualy, setting the grids, stuff like that
just to let you know

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 am Post 
Well... There are already people on the S2 server, where this happy hour should take place in my opinion. So no qualifying, just the usual business. And not to be rude or something but it must not be dependent on a person. Have to be automatic. I tested yesterday, random server selected car is possible with track voting. I will test some other things the upcoming days.

If popularity picks up we can think a little bit further and create a dedicated event server with maybe even a daily event. But I know everyone is enthusiastic and all but we still have a very very veeerryyy small daily racer database.

I was not so happy to see the low popularity on the AMG and FOX servers yesterday. It's a bad indication and for me an indication to not do very heavy changes.

Hopefully things get kicked in again when the F1 races parade starts again.

Offline mtrein
Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Hopefully things get kicked in again when the F1 races parade starts again.

(f)

Offline Rolly
Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 pm Post 
good idea............................... as long as Harvey starts from the back............ and maybe a drive through .... give us all a chance

Offline Tooth
Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm Post 
Rolly wrote:
good idea............................... as long as Harvey starts from the back............ and maybe a drive through .... give us all a chance

:thumb:

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:42 pm Post 
If it's 30 min races, no problem I start from the back :devil:

Dave thinks a lot, maybe too much? Like the Nike slogan says : Just do it.

If it fails no worries, nobody will blame you for trying something new in LFS :lol:

Offline Speedy J
Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:47 pm Post 
Try harder Harvey, this will not work :wink:

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm Post 
Definitely interrested in this idea, might drag me more often on cargame.

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 pm Post 
Quote:
Try harder Harvey, this will not work :wink:

Didn't think it would, trial and error is more my way of doing things I guess ;)

[ 38 posts ]