agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Offline sermilan
Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 pm Post 
When I finally decide to make a report on somebody it is not because what he had done, but because he had remained cocky afterwards...
When asked why wouldn't he give me the space, he provided the most stupid answer I ever heard:
"for some reason i have very hard time respecting anybody in FXR, especially after being crashed out from race by one, multiple times".

I watched the replay from his car and saw some interesting things which made me even more convinced that I should make this report and I suggest you do the same.

From my side, it goes like this:

Ingame name: ShelleX
LFS name: shellephant
Replay: http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=294832
Time of the replay: 09:33, my end of 2nd sector, lap 6

I am in my 6th and final lap, while Mr. Eastwood in the orange UFR is in his 1st, yet he thinks he's got the whole track for himself just like we were in the same lap and aims for the apex, which ends in crash as I was doing the same thing.

When I race on cargame servers and lap a car, I don't expect them to move away in corners, but I do expect them to take which ever line they want, inside or outside and stick to it through the whole corner. That's the safest way of lapping a car in the corner.
Not to mention that he was 5 laps down after his 3rd track reentering in the same race :-?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat May 14, 2011 10:20 am Post 
That indeed is idiotic. He is racing nobody.

No need to completely ignore blue flag.

I let his safety rating drop 20% as a warning. Not the first time this person causes problems btw.

Offline ShelleX
Sat May 14, 2011 10:41 am Post 
7:50, I was giving way to FXR and look what happened, so thats why the attitude.

There is no way to fit 3-wide in that corner or stop in the middle of the road only to be in the way of the traffic behind, I was trying to get out the way as fast as possible and all you had to do was lift for 1sec and pass me on the straight.

:fp:

Offline Litro
Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 am Post 
If I were You I would give way for faster cars if showing blue flag and he is so close for you + there is some slower class car(even if he is lap/laps behind of you) in front.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 am Post 
Well.. At 7:50 he actually did.. I fully agree.

[ASR] Penni didn't expect you to lift gas I'm afraid. I understand the attitude a bit better now.

Offline gandlers
Sat May 14, 2011 11:42 am Post 
ShelleX wrote:
7:50, I was giving way to FXR and look what happened, so thats why the attitude.

You brake and cut infront of him on the apex of a bend after he's been trying to pass you for a while.
you have an attitude towards FX2 because of your own poor judgment

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat May 14, 2011 11:43 am Post 
I do not agree on this. This intention was good to let Penni overtake before the slow corner sections.

Offline Speedy J
Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 pm Post 
What happened can be partly understandable but my opinion is that Shellex needs to learn to talk to an admin when something happens and not start judging and acting by himself.

Since Shellex is capable of finding this forum and explaining why he did what he did, I am convident he can do the same in the server.

Communication saves a lot of people from a lot of anger, work et cetera...

Offline sermilan
Sat May 14, 2011 12:57 pm Post 
ShelleX, good to see you dropping by here to discuss this matter :wink:

The reason I decided to post this report isn't what you've done, but your response and your attitude.
Revenge wrecking is something that is not tolerated... and what you did is even more silly... you kinda took revenge on me because somebody else pissed you off :nono:

I watched the whole race from your car(s) and really saw nothing to be so angry about. The incident on the start was a classic racing incident. It was YOU who misjudged the distance to the car in front and caused yourself to be unstable, slowed a bit and the guy behind you tap you as he did not expect that, but there obviously wasn't any intention.
Yet you kinda took revenge on him placing your car afterwards on his racing line and slowing him down.
The other incident with FX2 was also a racing incident, no intention.
ShelleX wrote:
There is no way to fit 3-wide in that corner or stop in the middle of the road only to be in the way of the traffic behind, I was trying to get out the way as fast as possible and all you had to do was lift for 1sec and pass me on the straight.

Yes there is. The yellow-black car already moved on far side and all you had to do was to continue with your line and not go for apex. I am absolutely sure that it would've worked out that way :wink:
And why should I wait 1 sec when it can be done safely like this? 1 sec is a huge amount of time in a race, btw.

No hard feelings, from my side at least and hope you'll think about it and draw the same conclusion not only towards me, but towards those two guys as well, as there was no intention nor they had been excessively careless :thumb:

EDIT:
and tip to the slower cars in general when being lapped - even though it is the responsibility of the faster car to be careful and make the clean overtake, you can not completely ignore the blue flag and just continue racing on the main line. The faster cars are also having a race just as you do, so respect that as well, and give them a little room through corners by sticking to one line through the corner, whether it's inside or outside one.

Offline eXeYn
Sat May 14, 2011 3:32 pm Post 
I agree on the EDIT part nevertheless situations vary. It's never easy to determine distance, speed, space and possible race lines especially when both are fighting with other cars. Sadly blue flag appears occasionally way too late which makes everything more complicated.
Choosing inner, outer or the apex is often a matter of less than a second for both cars.

Offline Litro
Sat May 14, 2011 3:51 pm Post 
Secondary helper is a map. :thumb: Always when it is possible, look in map and you can see where/when they are coming.

[ 11 posts ]