agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Offline gandlers
Sat May 14, 2011 11:16 am Post 
Just got back onto LFS this morning after and enforced absence due to 2 faulty RAM sticks in the PC.
RMA'd the faulty Sticks back to Corsair and "borrowed" the memory out of my parents PC while they are on holiday, it meant a 200 mile round trip to their house to steal....*cough* I mean borrow the memory, but at least it means I can get back online.

I've missed it more than I though I would, missed lots of open config action and several beta patches from Scawen in my absence. Time stands still for no man!

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am Post 
Eehhrmm... Is the pricing of RAM not that low at the moment that you could spent it on new ones instead of petrol?

Anyway good to have you back :thumb: (f)

Offline RacingHawk
Tue May 17, 2011 10:18 am Post 
Yeah, my first thought when i read the 200mile sentence. Perhaps petrol is too cheap :lol:

BTW: I'm back too :wink:

I was racing LfS mainly in the S1 times (S2 preordered and tested for short time of course ...), last races were in 2006!
Now some friends were pushing me to use the wheel again. And it's still the same fun i remember :thumb:

Hope for some nice races, i think i will spend some time at the cargame.nl servers ...

Offline gandlers
Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am Post 
Well, it's actually a diesel... :lol:

I did goto visit my freinds while I was up there aswell, so it isnt really a 200mile trip JUST for the memory...

Besides, I didnt want to spends anymore money on my oldish system buying DDR2 RAM which is as much as DDR3 for the decent stuff. When I buy more memory it will be with a mobo, cpu and new system basically, but there is plenty of life in teh old dog yet!...

I have the trauma of working away all week so yet another enforced break from LFS :(

[ 4 posts ]