agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Offline Jenk
Sat May 14, 2011 8:52 pm Post 
Started the day with 92% safety rating, now at 82% :( About 6 hours of racing, and not a single race without someone bumping me. I'm not holding grudges against any of these other drivers, we all make mistakes/need to learn/etc. But an entire day without a single clean race.

Most of the flags I got were because someone bumped/spun me at corners, or used me as brakes etc. Is there something that can be done to Airio so it detects if someone was bumped before penalising them, perhaps it could detect race position at moment of crash, and/or if someone is on/off race line, and/or if someone is moving slow etc?

I know it isn't easy (I'm a software developer myself) but it is incredibly frustrating to be penalised for someone else's mistakes.

Offline Speedy J
Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 am Post 
If I am correct LFS developers (or Airio developers) are working on such a system at the moment. Will take some time till its up and running I am afraid.

The problem is that often racers are too careless and think the race is won in the first split of a race :fp: Hard to admin also because as you say, people make mistakes and these happen a lot.... often can't say something about it.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun May 15, 2011 8:06 am Post 
The LFS development is currently finished, Airio isn't.

But if it would be it still can't be affective because the server isn't running the new patch yet (apart from the new OT server). I'll have to wait until the official patch get announced and released because a lot of people still have no idea whats going on. (Don't read forums etc).

But, it's there. And I think it's going to be great!

Offline Jenk
Sun May 15, 2011 9:46 am Post 
Cool, I wasn't expecting an immediate fix :) Good to know something in the making :)

Back to racing RB4 to get safety rating back up! :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun May 15, 2011 10:12 am Post 
If you are interested, the discussion about this new feature is being discussed in this thread; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73877

The request I made to also include pedal status is also implemented right now. Which makes me excited about it :wink:

Offline Skagen
Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 am Post 
I remember having the same problems when I began racing on Cargame. However, the issue solved itself when I got accsess to slicked tyre cars. The experience and quality of your opponents is most often correlated to the class they are racing. Sadly, in my experience, that means it's difficult having good racers in the TBOs. Too much agression and crashing. :nah:

Offline Jenk
Sun May 15, 2011 12:10 pm Post 
I noticed that too, the moment I drove the GT2 class it was like stepping out into the open. Unfortunately I have a lot to learn yet, so I made some mistakes, dropped back to sr5 and then had a day of bad luck and am now back at sr4 :)

[ 7 posts ]