agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 36 posts ]
Offline Nick7
Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:02 am Post 
I know there are sites with setups to DL.

But here you have UFB, GT2, etc... and would maybe be nice to have some setups posted, so people can easier obtain some and practice.
So, it would be nice maybe to have that part of forum too :)

Offline gandlers
Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 am Post 
Agreed,

there is a distinct lack of setups for particular car/track combos on setupgrid/setupfield.
I've hardly driven the XR2, FZ2, FZ5 or RAC simply because there aren't many (or any) setups for the tracks I like, and Race_S isnt that good generally.

Offline sermilan
Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:20 am Post 
Yeah... I wanted to upload my FX2 setups, but ".set" files were not allowed to attach :huh:

Offline fadeaway
Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:00 am Post 
put them in archive :wink:

Offline Skagen
Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:00 am Post 
I wish I could set an option for my sets within LFS that they are public, and so everyone could see the green "SS"-button ingame next to my name without me having to manually send the set first. That would lower the bar for sharing (especially asking and getting) sets.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm Post 
Good idea but I don't want it in the forum. Have to make a new screen for it :roll:

Offline Skagen
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 pm Post 
Work, work, work. :[

Offline gandlers
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 pm Post 
Dave is working on it, look at the spanner top right... :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:43 am Post 
Yeah, it's about time, it was/is a good suggestion ... Will finish it later this week.. I think it's necessary to have a good fresh place to share sets. Especially because the other sources lack the highly popular GT2/UFB custom sets and also the quality is not always that good. Mostly hotlap sets :roll: .

We can also direct new racers to our forum for sets, much easier to explain.

Offline BMW-gek
Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 am Post 
:respect:

Offline Nicce
Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 am Post 
:thumb:

Offline racingblog.tbz`
Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:55 am Post 
(f)

Offline mtrein
Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:57 am Post 
:woop:

Offline Nick7
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 pm Post 

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 pm Post 

Offline Speedy J
Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 pm Post 
:cheer:

Offline sermilan
Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 pm Post 
I see you guys are in the process of making a special page for setups: "* At the moment only an admin can see this page because the functionality isn't finished yet" :)

Just a suggestion: can you automatically link the uploaded set with the Airio pb of that particular combo of that particular racer?
For example: if I want to upload an XFG set for SO5 track, instead of looking for my pb, it would be great if it can then automatically say - best possible lap time: 1:41.92

(don't have a clue if it's easy or hard to do, just making a suggestion O:) )

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:29 am Post 
No it actually is pretty simple to do but who says that you made that time with that set. And what with sets which are used for multiple tracks?

I'm afraid people have to find out how a set feel themselves, sometimes I get sets from bloody fast people but I'm much faster with a set from someone who isn't highly ranked. Then you also have the mouse/wheel/gamepad discussion.

Don't make it too complicated, thats my opinion.. The goal is that it needs to be very simple ...

Anyway the basic structure is atm simple, if something really needs a change then it's not that much work. (I think :x ).

Offline sermilan
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:13 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Don't make it too complicated, thats my opinion.. The goal is that it needs to be very simple ...

I agree. What I thought about was to make it easier/faster for the uploader, especially when uploading a set for multiple tracks.
For example, someone uploads a set and then is asked to chose for which tracks it is. He then choses 5 of them, for example and clicks "OK" and that's it.
So, a downloader choses a particular combo, sees the set and time set and choses to download it, that's it.

cargame.nl wrote:
who says that you made that time with that set

I suppose people would, first of all, use their best sets... if they choose to share a set here, I suppose they would share their best sets? Or am I being too optimistic again? :x

You could leave default pb times edible, for those who don't want to share their best sets.

Never asked you, but were you planning to link times to uploaded sets in the first place?

Tnx for your effort, by the way :)

Offline Obmit
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 pm Post 
Hmmm, edible PB's, I wonder what they taste like?
:wink:

Offline sermilan
Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:59 pm Post 
Sorry, "editable" O:)

Offline mtrein
Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:55 pm Post 
:roflol:

Offline Obmit
Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm Post 
I'm sorry, I do apologise, I wasn't trying to make fun of your use of English, far from it. After all, your knowledge of the English language is far superior to my knowledge of the Serbian language ( I hope that's right ).
It just put a smile on my face.

P.s. My knowledge of any language other than my own mother tongue, is minimal, so if I ever p*ss any one off during a race, just let rip in your own language, I wouldn't have a clue what you were saying and would probably just smile, with just a hint of confusion (Normal look for me, dazed & confused would be more accurate though).

P.p.s. Unless CG's resident language guru and translator, Mr. Speedy J, is admin(ing?).
Hopefully he would give me an accurate translation, if I asked,,, unless of course he agrees with what you've typed. :thumb:

Offline sermilan
Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm Post 
Obmit wrote:
I'm sorry, I do apologise...

No need really, no offense taken :wink:, but tnx (f)

Offline THE WIZARD DK
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:56 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I'm afraid people have to find out how a set feel themselves, sometimes I get sets from bloody fast people but I'm much faster with a set from someone who isn't highly ranked. Then you also have the mouse/wheel/gamepad discussion.

which leads to my question. :
when im on track and i (rarely) share a set up. its set for my specific settings as im a keyboard user. (kb no help). that means if im gonna share a set up ill need to go into garage and set it up for wheel/mouse etc. which i almost allways do, but do forget at times.
could there be a section for each? i mean a wheel user section / mouse / keyboard etc.
wouldnt that make it easier for people ?

my steering % in XFG for example is set (in garage) to 22% ,and i know wheel drivers (some anyway) drive with 34%. this is due to my lfs options settings, which is set differently than wheel users forexample.
but on the other hand. some kb users has it on standard settings, why they actually cant use my set ups anyway.

so i do see a problem in that. but maybe to avoid wheel users (as there are most using wheel) getting some custom setting set up that would be a idea to let those using wheel, have a section of their own anyway.
(i can use wheel set ups, but need to reduce the steering % to lower than standards,but its actually wheel set ups i use,just with custom setting on them.)

i also have alot of set ups i can upload if anyone is interested. i think my last count was about a couple of thousand..almost for all tracks , any car!!! been collecting for years :dag:

again. im just making suggestion here.
if its a bad idea, well. then im no idea maker :D
just ideas. thats all.

Offline Nicce
Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 pm Post 
could there be a section for each? i mean a wheel user section / mouse / keyboard etc.

just add for what ctrl it is when u upload it and its fine.
works on setupgrid and team inferno site so why not on this also. =)

keep it up Dave. :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:49 am Post 
Hmm.. I'm of the less is more philosophy.

Don't find it that useful but... Hmm.. Maybe I'm wrong here. :x :wink:

Offline gandlers
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:30 am Post 
I think a comments field would be appropriate here.
Notes in the comments field along the lines of "KEYBOARD SET"
Some setups could be generic and suitable for multiple tracks, the comments field could be filled out with the list of tracks where the set works well for the uploader.
Some people have a "baseline" set which they modify to particular circuits

Offline Nicce
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 am Post 
ye.. thats what i was meaning Gandlers. :yes:

Offline gandlers
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 am Post 

Offline Speedy J
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 am Post 
gandlers wrote:
a comments field

Can that be made big enough for jokes?

Offline mtrein
Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 pm Post 
:fp:

Offline Speedy J
Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 pm Post 
:/

Offline Skagen
Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 pm Post 
This is really sweet, Dave! There are not any good places for GT2 sets that I've found yet. This could in time become the database for Airio class sets (GT3, GT2, UFB, etc)

PS. Would be nice to have an option to sort/search by uploader, i.e finding all FX2 sets uploaded by Litro, and so on. :)

I'll upload all my good FZ2 sets once I've cleaned my collected with just the ones I normally use. I have like a million FZ2 sets at the moment, and 999950 of which are crap.

Offline gammelsokdk
Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 am Post 
Hey Folks

If its possible then I am a G25 user, And cant steer with mouse or keyboard :D

/Sokken

P.S. I am Danish BTW

Offline Skagen
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:59 pm Post 
Is the setups thingy broken? I've uploaded my KY3 FZ2 set (with confirmation it was stored in the DB), but when I try to search for it, it says no sets was found. :huh:

[ 36 posts ]