Yes, at X-mas 2011 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
No, never 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Who the f**k is M. Stankus??? 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
I couldn't care less! 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24
Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 am Post 
Dear CG-racers,

I think many of you will now the racer M. Stankus. As some of you may know he is banned for a very long period of which he has served a couple of months now.

Stankus asked if he can be unbanned. He promises to be ultimately clean in both racing and language.

The Cargame Management ( :lol: ) would like to hear your opinion on this request. You can give your opinion by voting one of the alternatives above.

This referendum will close November 10th.

EDIT: this is what the ban is about:
reports-f8/m-stankus-lfs-fd3s-ryo-t5186.html

Last edited by Speedy J on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Frystek21
Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 am Post 
Thank you Speedy. Just waiting for people voted. O:)

Offline pringles
Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 pm Post 
Perhaps include link to the appropriate thread / replay :thumb:

Offline fadeaway
Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:30 pm Post 
Well this is new :devil:

Offline mtrein
Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:54 pm Post 
Has he said he is sorry for each and everyone of his reports? Where is his apology post?

Offline gandlers
Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:01 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
He promises to be ultimately clean in both racing and language.

Hasn't he promised this before?

Offline Obmit
Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 pm Post 
I know votes are usually supposed to be secret but,,, I went with option 2.

Maybe I'm getting soft.

@ M. Stankus/Frystek21/FD3S_RYO or whatever you want to call yourself, your attitude at times is really bad, I would go as far as to say it stinks.

Consider yourself lucky that Dave & Speedy have even thought of doing this, giving you yet another chance to prove that you can behave in a reasonable way towards other racers but ONLY if the vote is in your favour.

They reckon cats have 9 lives,,, well if you were a cat, your number of CG lives are nearly up.

Offline BMW-gek
Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm Post 
Last and final chance for him.

Offline eXeYn
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 pm Post 
And I thought the approximately 5 warnings before were the last chance. Or the bans.
FD3S_RYO wrote:
Fuck off speedy, never the truth, his work has dismissed, so Go to hell.

As far as I know this gave him the extension of his ban. Your link, Speedy, is full of various complaints from various drivers. Giving new links to new drivers with various complaints.
But I suggest the swearing at you, an admin, is your decision and not ours.

Offline Rolly
Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:37 pm Post 
forgive and forget.... life is to short......... failing that - kick him in the knackers

Offline eXeYn
Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 pm Post 
mtrein wrote:
Has he said he is sorry for each and everyone of his reports? Where is his apology post?

gandlers wrote:
Hasn't he promised this before?

Rolly Forgive and Forget has a limit. Why even bother giving a penalty if you can screw up that big and not even do a thread with an apology to all those who you owe to. But that's just my opinion.

Offline Obmit
Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 pm Post 
Rolly wrote:
kick him in the knackers

Perhaps that should have been option 8 :thumb:

Offline gammelsokdk
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 am Post 
Hey Folks

All I can say is that he have to be on the permanent watch-list, And if he should begin to talk like that again, Then he have to find other places to drive. :D

I know that in the heat of a race contact can happen, And people do respect the other driver, And hand the spot back if it is lost.

/Sokken

Offline mtrein
Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm Post 
He has been given several chances already. SEVERAL warnings. There was never any improvement, nor did he show any remorse for doing what he did. Not even now. :no:

Offline Rolly
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 am Post 
i would like stankus to give a public appologie especially to speedy before or if he returns

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:51 pm Post 
Word goes that he just bought a new license :roll:

Offline sermilan
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 pm Post 
If it is so, don't hurry to ban that account too. Let's see how he behaves first. If his behavior improves, we'll pretend it isn't him :P

Offline Frystek21
Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 pm Post 
Hello everyone. I said Speedy: I'm apologie everyone,special speedy for swear. So people change.

Cheers.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:22 pm Post 
Seeing is believing ;)

Offline Frystek21
Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:16 am Post 
how do I prove it?? :(

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 am Post 
By doing something which nobody, including me, does expect.

Actually behave en react normal to admins (f) :lol:

Not only yesterday, today but also tomorrow :yes: .. Negative thoughts are much harder to turn into positive thoughts then the other way around.

Offline fadeaway
Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:53 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Negative thoughts are much harder to turn into positive thoughts then the other way around.

you are one wise man, totally agree with that :yes:

Offline mtrein
Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 pm Post 
Ok, I changed my vote. If you do come back, I hope you do not make the people who trusted you wrong. :nah:

Offline Frystek21
Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm Post 
I say,people change,i changing it. i saw it. :thumb: frankly, I use "ainius019" licname speedy and only knows, but everyone knows better than only one. :) I just want to pick up.
Cheers.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 pm Post 
Not only speedy knows, I have logs you know. But its OK (f)

(used alcohol, that helps too :fp: :lol: )

Offline Obmit
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:21 pm Post 
Well this certainly is an odd situation in my opinion.
I was on the S2 server this afternoon, first time in ages I know, sorry guys, had the flu.

Anyway, back on topic.

M. Stankus was also online using the "ainius019" license, with it seemed a better attitude, I even saw him say "sorry", I didn't see who he was apologising to because I crashed from the shock.

Now, seeing as M. Stankus had won the jackpot and got the grand prize of a 999 day holiday, it seems strange to me that this can be circumvented by buying a new license.

Does this new license also come with a nice new shiny attitude as well ?

Not trying to be picky but there is a vote in progress to see if M. Stankus can come back to the S2 server and race,,, well he's already back.

@ M. Stankus, I'm sorry but this hasn't improved my level of respect towards you. Oh and if I had admin status, I WOULD HAVE KICKED YOU OFF THE SERVER.

Cheating if you want to put a label on it.

Edit: Correction, not a new account, but my thoughts still stand.
P.s. I haven't changed my vote, still option 2.

Offline Frystek21
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm Post 
no,i not buy new license,this licname my friend. :)

Offline Obmit
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:23 pm Post 
I don't care who's license it is.

Offline Frystek21
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm Post 
So,what do you want for me ?

Offline Obmit
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 pm Post 
What I want is not important,,, you asked to be forgiven for what had happened, a poll was created to get other peoples opinions about this situation,,, your fate is being decided democratically.

That poll is still running,,, but you have neatly got round that by using a different account.

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the poll to find out if YOU could come back to CG servers again?,,, not if the ACCOUNT/LICENSE could be used on CG servers again.

Offline sermilan
Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 am Post 
Obmit wrote:
I even saw him say "sorry", I didn't see who he was apologising to because I crashed from the shock.
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I also voted for him to be back after a long, long time, but...
Let's not rush to ban that account too. It's good to know which account he uses now, so first irresponsible behavior, that one goes 999 too and he'll have 2 accounts blocked for a long time here. I think he realizes the risks finally, so I suggest we do nothing for now and be very (999) strict if he goes Stankus again ;)

Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:20 am Post 
@ Obmit:
I think I see your point. When I noticed M. Stankus driving around with a different account my first thought was to ban that account as well. In my eyes it is not very respectfull towards Cargame administration and racers to start driving while your possible return is onder discussion and also considering the reasons he got a long ban.
It indeed is about the racer and not about the account he or she is using. If you mean that, I fully agree.

On the other hand, as you can imagine, I watched his racing and chat behavior intensively last week. And so did everyone else who knows about this matter. Appearantly the account M. Stankus is using now secretly brings a lot of love an peace in his life, because I have seen no indidents and neither did I receive complaints.

You can consider M.Stankus arrogant, disrespectfull or ignorant for racing with an other account. But it does as well shows the guy has big balls :D

So maybe the suggestion in this thread by some to let him drive under this new account with the Sword of Damocled above him, is not a bad idea. HE wants to return to CG servers, HE better show some love this time.

Poll closes in 7 minutes. It doesn't look good for his own, first account.

Offline Obmit
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
In my eyes it is not very respectfull towards Cargame administration and racers to start driving while your possible return is onder discussion and also considering the reasons he got a long ban.

Yes, that was my point exactly.

Speedy J wrote:
So maybe the suggestion in this thread by some to let him drive under this new account with the Sword of Damocled above him, is not a bad idea. HE wants to return to CG servers, HE better show some love this time.

I have no problem with that :thumb:

But,

sermilan wrote:
so I suggest we do nothing for now and be very (999) strict if he goes Stankus again

Offline Frystek21
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 pm Post 
so, i can have unban on my licname or not ?

Offline sermilan
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 pm Post 
Frystek21 wrote:
so, i can have unban on my licname or not ?

Now I know why there is a special icon on my cargame tab :)

Offline eXeYn
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm Post 
According to the poll no.

But you transformed the poll into a useless farce in my opinion.

What's the point of asking for this and then do what you want?

I find this quite outrageous. You ask for a democratic decision. Turns out to be not in your favour and you still get what you want ... :thumb_d:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 pm Post 
I suggested this democratic move in an internal thread. Because in real life it became popular again too (Greek referendum proposal).

Everybody who is banned can buy or use another account and being silent about it so I see no reason for further actions, but, all this wins no prize.. Correct.

Offline Rolly
Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 pm Post 
Er am i missing something here..... Speedy the vote as i see it is Stankus has 13 votes in favour of him returning if you you add up the various yes votes he got and he only got 6 votes that didnt want him back.

Therefore he should be able to return under his original account.

I await your answer O' Master of the Ban Hammer :fp:

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:53 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I see no reason for further actions

I think that will be the final answer here Rolly (f)

Offline eXeYn
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:03 pm Post 
I count 8 votes to unban immediately.
And 11 votes with various ban lengths.
cargame.nl wrote:
Everybody who is banned can buy or use another account and being silent about it so I see no reason for further actions

I don't understand this at all. As soon as you have reason to believe it's the guy who caused some decent damage on the server why not ban this account as well? Generally speaking. Reports were filed for a reason against the people behind the wheel. Not doing anything now would be a slap in the face for me if I were one of the victims.

Offline Rolly
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:41 pm Post 
Exeyn this is a democratic vote and the people have spoken. Like it or not this is the outcome. (f)
I think this has been a positive result and hope that this maybe used again as and when needed.
If we all agreed about the same thing life would be a dull place to live in.
Its good that you don't share the same opinion as others and i respect you for that. :thumb: (f) O:)

If it all blows up in our faces the you can start anew topic called "I told you so... but you wouldn't listen"

As for Speedy ( The Ban Hammer :wine: ) and Dav ( The Hatchet Man :coke: ) good on ya for trying somthing new. :lief:

This might catch on (fire).

Also my appologies for miscount... maths was never ny strong point :fp:

Offline Frystek21
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:42 pm Post 
.... I do not understand the English. you can say one word yes or no and everything, because i don't buy new licname just cargame server.

Offline Rolly
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:50 pm Post 
Frystek21 / Stankus = Yes

Offline eXeYn
Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:13 pm Post 
Then I suppose we are talking about different things.
The vote was on his original account or on him as a person. And it doesn't contradict to what I said. The outcome being that the ban is still in effect. Length unknown.

I understand Dave's post in the way that no further action against the second account. So shouldn't the answer to Stankus' question be no? But he can still drive on his friend's account. That is at least how I understood everything right now.

Offline Frystek21
Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:33 pm Post 
no,i can't drive on friend account,because was transient, so therefore, I need to know or be able to play with my account or not

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am Post 
@eXeYn - mate, I understand your frustration, but don't worry, he's got his penalty ;)

Banning his old account and letting him drive with another is win-win or lose-lose situation for all.
Cargame only wants drivers to behave, so it's a win because Stankus will drive veeeeery carefully because he knows if he makes a smallest mistake, he'll get 999 ban for something other people get 2 days or so :wink: .
Stankus, on the other hand, will be allowed to drive and it's a win for him.

Cargame banned Stankus, but he's found the way around it, so it's lose for CG.
Stankus' real account won't be unbanned, so it's a lose for him.

As Dave said, he could've driven on his friend's account and be quiet about it and we wouldn't know it was him. However, he was kinda honest (or just big mouth) to admit it' was him, so let's give him a bit of the chance here. The chance CG is giving to him is not at all big.

Offline Nicce
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 am Post 
and imo.. if he mess up with his friend acc that to will be banned from CG = he cant drive here annymore on that + his "friend" cant drive here also = both loose on that.

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:23 am Post 
Exactly! 8)

Offline gandlers
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:34 am Post 
Isn't license sharing against the LFS EULA?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:26 pm Post 
My personal goal is to keep the banlist as short as possible, 999's are rare. I issued this 999 myself and that was not because of ramming but the total disrespect against an admin or admins in general with very very heavy words. If you do such behavior you apparently don't like the servers at all and it's best to go elsewhere which suits you better.

We invest a lot of time to keep this group together which is not so easy with all these different cultures, opinions and languages. So far it's still fun to do but if there is someone who is that negative that correction isn't possible anymore... Then there is only one solution left => permanent exit.

I am not easy in forgetting things. It have cost me about 10 years before I bought a Sony product again for example.

Now it's possible that I've bought a product in the meantime which contains Sony parts while I didn't knew of that, thats about the same as racing with an undercover account. Thats no problem, it's basically flying underneath the radar .. But one bad move and it's out again with a 999. However, until now there haven't been serious things reported and I even noticed some dedication, which is a very good thing.

To be honest there are indeed more yes votes then no's. So I lifted the ban.

Don't be unwise :duh: (f)

[ 50 posts ]