agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Offline DOC
Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:48 pm Post 
How about to make 1 of the not used cg servers to a exclusiv pro server? ( i know that sounds like discrimination... but hey, i am german... :[ :wink:

But seriously, i imagine about something like random cars and tracks but all have to use the same car or class!
I dont know if that is possible but i think i see servers like this.
And to force clean and tight races and to avoid lapping you just can join with a good safetyrate or a high exp. level or so...

Maybe it is just a imagination inspired from :wine: and :beer: but i like it. :woop:

DOC O:)

Offline Skagen
Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:05 pm Post 
Principally I'm against a elitist server where only the member with very high points/ranks can race. But the CG do have safety rating requirements in the order S0/Demo, S1 and S2. And I think the safety rating requirements are necessary. So instead of reqirements of high LFSEI or rank, I think only a high safety rating should be enfored. Say 85-90% for the slowest car. That would allow old and new racers on the track, as long as they race cleanly.

Offline Carrossa
Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:12 pm Post 
Quote:
i imagine about something like random cars and tracks but all have to use the same car or class!

well i aint a pro but this ideia it sounds very nice to me,on the same class or car(even better) we could have great races,thats my opinion. About that too,in lowest class,the ufb it is a faster car than their competitors(xfg\xrg) so i guess it shouldnt be on that class! :o :nono:

..just opinions! :yes: :no:

regards

Offline franky.s
Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:43 am Post 
this sounds good, but there is still so many noobs that have high exp rate that can get to pro server. these people will cause crashing and ruin it :P

Offline Skagen
Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 pm Post 
Have you been reading the other posts? :P
If there are safety rating requirements, those who often crash (and thus have a low rating) will not be able to race. :wink:

Offline Derohk
Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:06 pm Post 
my idea was take all road legal cars (anything without slicks) and put them in one server and take all RACE CARS (anything with slicks) to another server and use gt1-2-3-4-NGT-and maybe other restricted classes like an XFB to race the UFB or make them an XF2 and UF2 with like around 25%???

Offline franky.s
Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 pm Post 
no

Offline Speedy J
Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:41 pm Post 
Yes / No

Offline franky.s
Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm Post 
8)

Offline jjjeeefff
Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm Post 
Sounds good. But judging people on exp points isnt very good. For example i am only in low 400 exp points, so i wont make any chance of getting into the elite server :(. Still i am pretty active on cargame s2 and am a decent driver...

Better would be to make an "elite" server but only invited players can join (like the cargame points would be good to judge on, those points you get after a race has finished, those ranking points => they represent ur current level of racing and activity on the server better, together with the safety rate).

In these types of server the level of racing would also be better. There will be less revenge wrecks and heavy crashes. I think the only downside to this is some extra work for dave and a bit discriminating to newer racers.

grtz Snelle Eddy

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 am Post 
Guys... Really...

Believe me, it's impossible to fill a new server with people. Over the months, years even, I've seen other people trying to do it. All kinds of specialized servers, it are just one or two days of oh and ah's and then it immediately gets a status of :dood: .

I have to say that especially the servers with a taste of elite are the most difficult ones. Elite need 'newbies' because the elite group is not dedicated enough to race daily and so keep a server alive on it's own.

Such idea's I give a chance when S3 gets released and LFS gets a structural usage boost.

[ 11 posts ]