agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 16 posts ]
Offline OTone
Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm Post 
I recently found this great amateur tribute made by Antti Kalhola.

Make sure you check this out. Is totally worth the watch. :thumb:

Link

Link

Link

Link

Update: Too bad the final part was deleted by the Formula one management (Blame Bernie for this) :thumb_d:

Offline Carrossa
Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 pm Post 
:thumb: yes Ronus great tribute to a legend,one of the very best f1 drivers...he will be alive forever in our memories :respect:

Offline OTone
Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 pm Post 
:) He is the best in my book. And in many many many others, like Schumacher.

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:55 am Post 
@Ronus , good job :thumb:

Offline franky.s
Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:39 pm Post 
Alain Prost!

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:29 am Post 
I like how Alain Prost raced in that time. Both Prost and Senna were simply off the top. Prost was just perfect when the car was 100% suited for him.
Senna was way faster, in any conditions, then Prost. In wet conditions Senna killed him. At Monaco 88, Senna was almost 1,5 seconds faster in qualy :o
And, I must tell you, he won 4 titles but two of them were not fair. 89 Alain Prost win the championship outside the track, simple as that. And in 93 he added a rule in his contract with williams that he will never be a team mate of Ayrton again. He knew that Senna would beat him fair and square with that interstellar Williams-Renault designed by Adrian Newey and ultra advanced transmission and active suspension. Senna finished 2nd with a clearly inferior package. In my opinion, 93 was the best season Ayrton made in his career.

Offline franky.s
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:31 am Post 
lol senna won more titles, why? he crashed prost out ..

i know senno good driver man but prost was better and didnt crashed all the time for no reason. some things senna did was just plain stupid.

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 am Post 
I really assume you dont know the whole thing, but I will explain that to you:

1989:
Alain Prost closed the door, if senna was not there, he would go off the track, so lets see:

stop at 0:23 and see with your own eyes

Link

Also, you can see after, the line Prost did in the same turn before the crash.

Now tell me Senna rammed him lol Really?
After the collision, Prost left the car, and gave up the fight.
Senna continued and won the race. But in the end Balestre disqualified him.
Balestre didnt even allowed senna to go to the podium.
And sued with 100000$.
And received a suspended 6 month ban.
He was punished because he missed the chicane. (What a...?) Several years ago many people missed that chicane and nothing happened to them. (You can see that in Senna's movie).

1990:
Senna took pole position and, for the very first time, to make the life easier for someone Balestre reversed the grid in 90 at suzuka, putting senna's pole in the dirt part of the grid.

Link

Was Sennas act plain stupid? I think so, that was a bad moment, and a very awful, actually. But try work your ass off to make a pole and then see all your efforts going trough the can because the FISA president was, for coincidence, Prost's friend. And add the 89 situation for instance.

Offline franky.s
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 am Post 
yes its senna fault. look at it again, senna divebomb from to far back , prost turns in defending his line thinking senna would not do such stupid move as to divebomb such great distance.

and clearly in second vid, senna didnt give a shit when he hitted prost, and intentionally did this out of spite. this is what makes sennas attittude (in my eyes) childish and not what a race driver should be like.

infact, i pleased to see how cool and calm prost is after getted his championship ruined..

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 pm Post 
Divebombed? :o :o :lol:
No, he didnt dive "bombed". He dived to make the overtake, and thats different. He commited to do an overtake and Alain Prost knew it. He left all space Prost needed to make the turn. Alain Prost steered to the right far before he needed to make the turn. He clearly blocked Senna. As I said, Prost would cut trough the turn with the 4 wheels off the track if Senna was not there. And you can see it the laps earlier as the video shown.

Yes, the year after was Sennas fault but funny enough he wasn't disqualified. I call it even.

Offline franky.s
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:43 pm Post 
ye divebombed, prost hit the braking point nicely and senna was more than a car behind.. you cant divebomb from that far back.. prost turns in thinking senna wont do such stupid move as to divebomb like that. if senna didnt hit prost, senna was missing the chicane ..

like you say, watch video and compare braking points for prost.. exact same and turns in at exact same point.

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 pm Post 
You make me lmao. You are just blind mate. And stubborn. I cant do anything about that except showing some facts (Again): :zzz:

Prost gave up the fight, like a coward I have to say. Senna continued the race and won it. Prost deliberatly blocked Sennas path while they were almost side-by-side.
Prost's car was checked after the race and wasnt found any damage. Prost couldn't handle Senna much more because Senna was getting faster and faster, just like the year before. So instead of fighting, he walked to the pits, talked to Balestre, and Balestre disqualified Senna. Again, this is a fact. In 90 Balestre, for the first time ever, decided to change the grid location to help Prost start in the clean side. Why? Maybe because Senna, like you said, divebombed him last year? Really? Both Prost and Balestre were afraid of Senna entering the first turn in 1st position because Prost wouldnt catch him again. :lol:
What Senna did was wrong, very wrong, but oh man that must been a joy. :yes:

I really like both drivers, but the truth is almost every F1 racing driver say Ayrton Senna was the best racing driver ever seen, even Fangio, even Schumacher.

Cant say the same about Prost. Why? (f)

I cant admire people who are afraid to fight.

Offline franky.s
Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 pm Post 
prost was faster >.< back in go kart days prost dominated senna but prost under pressure doesnt go fast as he should. if senna was moved to wrong side of grid because he was to fast, then how did he only qual 2nd and prost got 1st? lol

im not stubburn, just dont like senna fan boys.

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 pm Post 
:o show me when senna raced in go-karts with prost back in the day, apart from the 93 race in paris bercy.
They didnt raced together because in '78 Senna went for the first time to europe to race karts raced in estoril (10min from my home) while Prost raced in Formula 3. You are trolling.

"if senna was moved to wrong side of grid because he was to fast, then how did he only qual 2nd and prost got 1st? lol" You just dont know what you talking about :nah:

"im not stubburn, just dont like senna fan boys." :fp:

End of discussion.

Offline franky.s
Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 pm Post 
lol you crazy, when prost and senna were team mates they did some karting events. altho for fun they still took it seriously, and prost was fastest.

you say these things about me, but fact is we both guilty of it. im prost fan and u senna fan. no need to throw insults when i was only wanting to have a discussion.

Offline OTone
Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:41 pm Post 
When I insulted you? Just tell me. Crazy? Did I lied? :roll:

You just told this: "if senna was moved to wrong side of grid because he was to fast, then how did he only qual 2nd and prost got 1st? lol"

And the fact was this:

1st - Senna: 1:23.996
2nd - Prost: 1:24.2

I'm nobody's fan. Senna just was loads more excting to see racing than Prost, thats not even comparable.

In wet Senna humiliated Prost. E.G. Donnington 93 or Portugal 85. Not to mention he made 65 pole positions (in 162 GPs), almost twice the amount of Prost (202).

Link

Prost finished more than 1 minute from senna.

If you say Prost was faster then Senna in "some karting events" then show me the source. Otherwise I will not believe your story. I never, ever, heard or saw such thing.

Blame yourself for being guilty. I said nothing but the truth mate.

[ 16 posts ]